Here is my book reading list for 2014 (so far)
1. Adventure of being a Waterboy by Mike Scott (One of the best written books I’ve ever read!) Mike Scott of the Waterboys sets the record down.
2. A Man called destruction: Life and music of Alex Chilton from Box Tops to Backdoor man. Big Star music by Holly George Warren
3. Strange Things Happen: A life with the Police, Polo, Pygmies by Stewart Copeland drummer of the Police autobiography
4. Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood by Eric Burden from The Animals his autobiography.
5. Commando by Johnny Ramone (John Cummings) Autobiography form The Ramones guitarist.
6. I slept with Joey Ramone, A family memoir. Mickey Leigh with Legs McNeil
7. The Complete Peanuts by Charles Schulz 1950-2000
The daily comic strips with Charlie and Sally Brown, Snoopy, Lucy and Linus Van Pelt and the whole gang!
8. The Wrecking Crew: The Inside Story of Rock and Rock’s Best Kept Secret by Ken Hartman: The story of the LA studio greats and the songs they recorded
9. Rifftide: The Life and Opinions of Papa Jo Jones: Jazz drummer great autobiography
10. The World of Gene Krupa: That Legendary Drumming Man by Bruce H. Klauber
11. The Beatle Who Vanished by Jim Berkenstadt The story of Beatle drummer Jimmie Nicol
12. Chronicles by Bob Dylan volume 1
13. The Sounds of our town; A history of Boston Rock & Roll by Brett Milano